News & Info
deXaweb Hosting End of Life
As of 10/01/18, we will no longer provide website hosting or POP3/IMAP email via deXaweb.com.
What does this mean?
It means you will have to have your website and POP3/IMAP moved to another provider prior to 10/01/18. We recommend doing this as soon as possible, as all website hosting and POP3/IMAP email services will terminate without reactivation as of that date and it will not be possible to access any of the data or information related to your account. Please see the list below for recommended hosting companies.
What about my prepayment, will I get a refund?
Not to worry. You will get a refund for any unused months on prepay accounts. Refunds will be calculated as of the actual date of account cancellation. Please note, there is no way for us to tell a customer if they have a refund coming or for how much until we do the actual account deletion and calculate it. This is one of the limitations in the platform and one of the reasons it is going away. Any refund owed to the customer will be posted to the credit card on file. If you no longer have that credit card, we can send it via check to the address you designate at time of cancellation. The estimated time of processing is 4-6 weeks. We will do them as quickly as possible, but as you can imagine, it is a big project to wind down something that has been going for almost 20 years and we are still a small company.
What if I have questions or need help?
Not a problem, we are here. Simply reply to this email or send a new email to email@example.com. You can also call the GO Help Desk at 513-934-2800. We are glad to assist you however we can! There are some things we can do and some things we cannot, but your new chosen hosting company should be able to assist with those. Here is a breakdown of some of those things.
Things we CAN assist with:
- Backing up databases and providing the data to customer, one time only.
- Assist with updating DNS server settings to new web hosting and/or email provider for domains registered with GO Domain Registrar Service.
- Providing DNS entry information for setting up their new hosting to send email to their GO Hosted Exchange Email Service, if they have it.
- Recommending a new provider. Here is the list of top rated providers, based on service type. Note: web hosting typically includes email hosting, so you don’t need a provider for each service.
- Local Area Company Option (WordPress, Linux-based, Windows-based) - www.rubyhaus.com, contact - firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.rubyhaus.com/lets-start
- WordPress Hosting – https://www.wpengine.com/plans, https://www.getflywheel.com/pricing, https://www.siteground.com/wordpress-hosting.htm
- Windows-based Hosting – https://www.a2hosting.com, https://www.godaddy.com, https://www.hostgator.com
- Linux-based Hosting – https://www.inmotionhosting.com, https://www.bluehost.com, https://www.siteground.com
- POP3/IMAP Email Hosting - https://www.inmotionhosting.com, https://www.bluehost.com, https://www.siteground.com
Things we CANNOT assist with, though a new hosting provider may assist with them:
- Backing up website data and/or email data.
- Establishing new hosting and/or email service.
- Transferring data and/or setting up new hosting and/or email service.
- Recommending of new providers beyond the list of approved and recommended providers above.
- Assist with updating DNS server settings to new web hosting and/or email provider for domains NOT registered with GO Domain Registrar Service.
- Setting up DNS on their new hosting to send email to their GO Hosted Exchange Email Service, if they have it.
I have GO Hosted Exchange Email Service, is that impacted?
No, it is NOT impacted. GO Hosted Exchange Email Service is a separate service and will continue uninterrupted. It does share some platform resources, but is not impacted by this change. You will continue to access your control panel at deXaweb.com for management. You will need to make sure the DNS settings with your new hosting company are setup to work with your GO Hosted Exchange Email Service. Your new hosting company should be able to assist you with this. Those DNS entries would be as follows:
- Custom CNAME record – Name as autodiscover.CUSTOMERDOMAIN.XYZ pointed to autodiscover.e.dexaweb.com
- Customer MX record – Name as CUSTOMERDOMAIN.XYZ with Data as 10 mx.e.dexaweb.com
I have my domain with GO Domain Registrar Service, is that impacted?
No, it is NOT impacted. GO Domain Registrar Service is unrelated to deXaweb.com and will continue uninterrupted. Customers that have their domains registered via the GO registrar service can go to http://www.go-concepts.com/domainreg to administer their domains, change DNS to their new host, etc. You do NOT need to transfer your domain to a new domain registrar.
I don't want to lose GO, so I want to upgrade to GO Hosted Exchange Email Service, can I do that?
Yes, you certainly can, but there are some things to consider.
- You must purchase a minimum of five (5) hosted exchange emails.
- You must either own your own domain name or register a new one.
- This is a business-grade service, but we do have some residential customers that prefer a much higher grade of email service. If you are a residential customer and really want GO Hosted Exchange Email Service, we can provide it, however the minimum count and domain requirements above still apply, and it requires credit card billing.
- Pricing is as follows:
- Standard is $10.95 per mailbox per month, includes 25GB of storage and Microsoft ActiveSync (minimum count is 5)
- Microsoft Outlook is $2.00 per mailbox per month (optional)
- Email Encryption is $4.00 per mailbox per month (optional)
- Email Archiving is $5.00 per mailbox per month (optional)