News & Info
GO POP3 Email End of Life
As of 01/01/19, we will no longer provide POP3/IMAP email via the go-concepts.com domain.
What does this mean?
It means you will have to obtain POP3/IMAP email from another provider prior to 01/01/19. We recommend doing this as soon as possible, as all POP3/IMAP email services will terminate without reactivation as of that date and it will not be possible to access any of the data or information related to your email account. You will also need to update the email address you use for contact with any companies, friends, family, etc. We realize this may be several places, which is why we are allowing nearly nine (9) months for this transition. Your Internet provider may provide you an email address as part of your service, so you can check with them to what you may already have available. There are some very reliable free email options, such as Google's Gmail at http://www.gmail.com and Yahoo Mail at http://www.yahoo.com.
What about my prepayment, will I get a refund?
Not to worry. You will get a refund for any unused months where prepayment has been made. Refunds will be calculated as of the actual date of account cancellation. Any refund owed to the customer will either be posted to the credit card on file or sent via check to the address on your account. The estimated time of processing is 4-6 weeks. We will do them as quickly as possible, but as you can imagine, it is a big project to wind down something that has been going for more than 20 years and we are still a small company. Please note, we are stopping billing for all email accounts by the end of the month, so if you have not yet renewed your email, you won't receive another monthly charge for that service and a refund may not be due.
What if I have questions or need help?
Not a problem, we are here. Simply send an email to email@example.com. You can also call the GO Help Desk at 513-934-2800. We are glad to assist you however we can! There are some things we can do and some things we cannot, but your new chosen email provider should be able to assist with those. Here is a breakdown of some of those things.
Things we CAN assist with:
- Assist with updating DNS server settings to new email provider for domains registered with GO Domain Registrar Service.
- Recommending a new provider. Your Internet provider may provide you an email address as part of your service, so you can check with them to what you may already have available. There are some very reliable free email options, such as Google's Gmail at http://www.gmail.com and Yahoo Mail at http://www.yahoo.com.
- Assist with transitioning to GO Hosted Exchange Email Service, per details below.
Things we CANNOT assist with, though a new hosting provider may assist with them:
- Backing up email data.
- Establishing new email service.
- Transferring data and/or setting up new email service.
- Recommending of new providers beyond the list of providers above.
- Assist with updating DNS server settings on their domain to new email provider for domains NOT registered with GO Domain Registrar Service.
I have GO Hosted Exchange Email Service, is that impacted?
No, it is NOT impacted. GO Hosted Exchange Email Service is a separate service and will continue uninterrupted.
I have my domain with GO Domain Registrar Service, is that impacted?
No, it is NOT impacted. GO Domain Registrar Service is a separate service and will continue uninterrupted.
I have a domain that I use for email and I have domain hosting with GO, is that impacted?
Yes, it is impacted. You will need to obtain domain hosting from your new email provider or you can transition to GO Hosted Exchange Email Service per below. If the domain is registered with GO Domain Registrar Service, our Help Desk can assist you with changing your DNS settings to your new domain hosting provider.
I currently have my GO Concepts email forwarded to another provider, is that impacted?
Yes, it is impacted. All GO Concepts email will cease to function as of 01/01/19 and you will no longer receive forwarded emails.
I don't want to lose GO, so I want to upgrade to GO Hosted Exchange Email Service, can I do that?
Yes, you certainly can, but there are some things to consider.
- There is NO way to keep your @go-concepts.com email address.
- You must either own your own domain name or register a new one.
- You must purchase a minimum of five (5) hosted exchange emails.
- This is a business-grade service, but we do have some residential customers that prefer a much higher grade of email service. If you are a residential customer and really want GO Hosted Exchange Email Service, we can provide it, however the minimum count and domain requirements above still apply, and it requires credit card billing.
- Pricing is as follows:
- Standard is $10.95 per mailbox per month, includes 25GB of storage and Microsoft ActiveSync (minimum count is 5)
- Microsoft Outlook is $2.00 per mailbox per month (optional)
- Email Encryption is $4.00 per mailbox per month (optional)
- Email Archiving is $5.00 per mailbox per month (optional)